Saturday, July 21, 2007

Week 3

This week was pretty good.

After a week of a couple of mishaps, frazzled parents, 1 anitsocial child (ask if you want more details, its kind of funny, but not something that I want to share to the entire world) and a couple of resuce missions to get the canoe girls who were stuck in a storm. So for dramas and mishaps it was pretty small, making it a great week. A couple of highlights follow ...

Had a wonderful high tea at one of our sites on Thursday, as it was British Invasion week. We arrived to the table set with tea mugs painted with our camp names and biscuits, with ladies hats and had a lovely time.

Friday night, we had a delivery of stuff from our old office, and a very flippin ugly picture arrived with it. So myself and another counsellor decided that it no longer to be needed in existence, so after a couple of mintues with an axe and then onto the fire, it let out of the steam for the week. So all in all I have a had a great week, and this weekend marks the beginning of the downhill. I can't believe that it has come along so fast!

Can say that at the moment I would probably still do it all again, as I am working with great people and having a ball. Don't know how I will ever go back to being a supply teacher again, but I am sure that once I get back into it, I will be fine.

Hope all is well. V

1 comment:

Alex said...

You can't stay there. The Canadians can not have you. You need to come back.

The children on London need you! They need someone to yell abuse at "alrigh" and to threaten "I never!" and especially to practise their broken English "innit".

Besides all that who else is not only going to manage to find me a loo at Earl's Court station at 2 in the morning but also find me 20p to use it?

I'm going to fight those Canadians hand, tooth and nail to see you back here on UK soil young lady!

;)

A