Monday, July 09, 2007

Tornadoes

Well, did you know that Ontario is subject to Tornadoes ... no? Me either, but I found out last night.

Last night, whilst eating dinner, the sky decided to start to spin and we checked the weather warnings on line, and lo and behold we had a tornado warning. So we took the girls inside, our warning passed in 20 minutes and we were fine.

Found out this morning on my trip into town (driving alone, I must say, so proud) that one actually did touch down, and it was about 10 kilometres away from us. From the account it was only small, and only ripped apart a barn, but it was still enough to do damage. Scary stuff.

Now I can say that I have been near a cyclone and tornado. I have to say I like the prospect of cyclones better, bizzare concept I know, but hear me out. At least with a cyclone you know that they are coming for days and you can prepare. This thing, well as the movie goes, you've only got mintues to prepare.

But we are fine, and well prepared for any further occurances. Just something I had to share.

No comments: