Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back in ye ol England town ...

Back to England.

It felt so weird coming back to England, as I felt that I should of been going home home, instead of my temporary home. But, I am back in the swing of things and its all going good.

Came home, and went out to dinner with Alex ( I think it was like the first or second night I was back) Great to catch up and talk and talk and talk. Not surprising when we had 3 months to catch up on. Sheesh, whats going to happen when I leave here and she stays, and then we catch up again. We'll never stop talking :)

Anyways, it was good to be back in a way, and good to be on the countdown to coming home. Work was very very very slow for the first month and I regretted not taking Haylie up on her invte to Cuba, but you live and learn. But work has picked up agian and I am working on average 4 days a week. So I can't complain.

In the time that I was waiting for work I took myself, to Brighton, on the very south coast of England. And had a lovely day in the sun - surrounded by bikers - Sundays are not the day to go to Brighton if you don't want to be surrounded, but it was great, looking at all the different bikes and feeling the air vibrate around you. I spent my time looking at the bikes, walking along the peir, reading my booking and taking a quick nap on the peebles (I am not and will not ever call it a beach - no sand, no waves).

Then about 2 weeks later, I went to a party of one of the people I know over here, Brendans 27th. I met Brendan and Michelle in a pub randomly and we've been friends since, even though I feel they will kill me one day when I go to Mexican night - damn hot food. But anyways, Brendan had a mate there, who had recently got engaged, and he was spending an extra week in London without her to spend some time with his Brother. But his brother was otherwise preoccupied, and hadn't shown him the sights of London yet. So I offered and took him on a whirl wind tour one Tuesday. We - started in Trafalgar Square, went and said hello to the statue of Captain Cook, watched the changing of the guard, walked to Buckingham Palace, walked to Green Park, caught the tube to Harrods, detoured on the way back at South Ken, to see Lambourghini London and then went to Tower of London. We were so tired after that, that we both fell asleep on the tube back to Brendan and Michelles - but we didn't miss our stop. And had another excellent Mexican night - damn hot food.

Then I went back into getting some regular work and got myself to this past week where I went to Scotland with Alex. We drove from London and then all around Scotland. But it deserves its own blog and another time I will write that as I am out of time at the library on the net. Now I am happier that I have written all this down and that I don't have to be told to update my blog again, well at least for another week. Bye for now ...

No comments: