Sunday, October 28, 2007

Catch up - the final days in Canada.

After saying that I would be here again, more frequently, I have not. It maybe because I just can't be bothered anymore, or that my social life has picked up so much that I just don' t have the time to do this anymore or simply that I am working too much.

Sadly it is none of those things, it comes down to two ... One purely and simply I am slack and two I am a sucker for facebook and once I am on there, get distracted easily. Especially playing pirates and bombing people. Anyways, so heres the recap (again).

Still Canada

Right, so we finsih camp, then for a day and a bit 4 of us hung out at Booms house those for - Boom, Wave, Aussie and Swing (I will never be known as anything else to these girls nor will I call them anything else - I love it). So we hung out, watched movies, went shopping, I got my hair dyed thinking it would be cheaper in Canada - it was, but it was still expensive. Then after those two days, off we went to Tanamakoon, another summer camp, but this one I would have to say is a true summer camp. I jut in here and say that not that Wyoka wasn't, but that this camp is more of what I thought I would be going to, but am glad for where I went.

Tanamakoon, situated in Canadas largest National Park - Algonquin - we went for Kindercamp, so we were looking after 4,5 and 6 year olds for 3 days. It was a full on time where you always were with Children, always running to an explicit schedule and rigiourous eating plan of 6 times a day (yes - thats right, 6). But it was great, awesome sceneary, good fun - Wave and I were in charge of fishing and archery - Fishing, I never thought it actually happened, that it was just a thing they set up for Huckleberry Finn books and movies, but we actually fished just sticks of wood with line. And it was great! It worked, the classic moment was when Wave said to the girls - any fish yet? The answer no, and then you could count it ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... All these young girls squealing and jumping because they caught a fish - 6 came up at once - Wave and I jumped in saved the fish from being squished, and I'll tell you crocs also come in handy for putting fish back in the water when you can't hold it because it keeps moving too much.

Then the next day, it was Archery - Huge thanks to Bigfoot here, as I remembered all the archery safety, and then ended up leading Archery for the rest of the day, as it seemed that no one else there was really sure what to do. So Wave and I stepped in, bouncing off eachother and it worked well - every kid got to have a go (3 arrows each) no child was speared and we had a good day.

Then after camp it was farewell to Boom and Swing - a touching moment as we hopped of the barge and then ran to get ourselves onto the bus ontime. And we waved goodbye from the back of the bus. Then we slept, until we got back to Toronto (about a 4 hour bus drive). After we hopped off at a shopping centre in the middle of no where, we found our way by train and then street car to our hostel for the night.

And a brilliant night we had - silly us, we said to ourselves, lets have an easy night and go to bed early. Well we could have, if we didn't bring Moose with us, who then opened us up to several people coming and asking us ... WHY????? Moose if you didn't already know is Waves blow up Kangaroo, and boy can he party - he kept us up until 4am, drinking beers, playing the burping game and sheesh can the boy party.

Then ... to Niagra Falls.

We had to be at the bus by 11 and so off we went to get Subway - when we got back it was time to hop on the Bus, seems like our Bus driver had had a long night as well, as my Meatball sub made him quite Naueous, where he doubled over moaning ... noooo not the meatball sub ... arghhhhhhh. It set the day off, as we were all having a laugh (very British of me there). But he was a trooper, he drove us around and down to Niagra Falls stopping off at a monument, winery and the whirl pool at the bottom of the falls - the option there to see the whirlpool from ground or above - Haylie and I chose above and up we went in a helicopter - toured the sky and say Niagra in all its glory. Best part of my trip - but I would advise, not to be feeling sick before you go up in a helicopter, as it just makes it worse. But ... I held it all in, and I didn't throw up once.

After we landed we went to see the falls, and they are amazing ... sooo much water all at once and only a few people have lived to tell the tale of falling over the falls. We chose just to look and then the boat ride - Maid of the Mist. Fortunately they provide rain coats - it was a great way to see the water of the falls and to taste it. As demonstrated by this picture ------> (if I ever get it up here).

Then we had a fabulous dinner, and saw Niagra Falls lit up and then it was time to leave. And time to say goodbye to Haylie (Wave). We both fell asleep on the bus ride back to Toronto, and only had a short fairwell, as we both know we will be seeing eachother real soon again - shes a Sydney sider. Then I was off to spend my last couple of days with Nutz.

Nutz house

The Moseleys, took me in very kindly for the last couple of days. Where I was given fabulous hospitality, great company and excellent food - a real treat in comparision to camp food for the last couple of months. Nutz and I spent the days, just lazing aorund, going to a food festival and then playing board games. A great last couple of days in Canada.

No comments: