Sunday, March 18, 2007

Evening out the balance

Went out for St Pats last night, every man his dog, sister and his uncles were out last night and it was a very busy night out. Still a good night, some people were dressed up, but others were just out for a regular night ... seems Aussies latch on a bit more, plus I didn't get to make it to and Irish pub, as they were all too busy, people were drinking on the street out the front of them, but alas still a good night.

So I came to the realisation that I probably have spent more time in pubs in London than sightseeing .. well almost. So I took myself on a mini tour today, I saw Tate Modern - modern art gallery, with some very weird pieces, if it exists in this earth, it is part of an art exhibition at the Tate Modern. Don't believe me well, they had an ode to floruos which were all lit up, toilet bowls and urinals painted and cast in pvc, drain holes, shot puts in random places, a light switch which had been photographed and then put on display via a projector and my favourite a room which was full of automated mirrored sliding doors (thats all, you just kept walking through the mirrored doors) .... but they had some very cool slippey slides in the middle, which I will do another day as the line was too long. Then I happened upon Shakespeares globe theatre which is an open air theatre, am going back there another day ... other sights to acomplish.

I then walked across the millenium bridge to St Pauls catherdral, this was a feat in itself. It was blowing a gale and the bridge is open, so there were times I had to stop or I thought I would get blown off. I was feezing, and wanted to put my scarf on, but I was worried that it would blow over the edge, and I am kind of attached to my £2 scarf.

St Paul's is an amazing building and all the bells were tolling as I walked up to it, as a service was about to begin. So I quickly looked around where I could and went down to the crypt and reads little tid bits of the history. Its been around since 600, is the 3rd St Pauls to be built on the same sight and has been through many atrosities but still stands today. And they are cleaning the outside in preparation for the 08 Olympics.

Thats about it, am working all next week and am thinking of taking myself to Bath for a trip next weekend.

No comments: