Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stonehenge, Bath, Herbie the Love Bug, Garbage Bag Dress

After being chastised for not updating my blog, here it is.

Last I was off to Bath and Stonehenge. On March 24 I set off nice and early on Saturday morning off to catch the bus from Earl's Court. Met a lovely Swiss lady who was my travel buddy for the day - she was extra lovely as she put up with my spastic camera as well ... see its not just me. But alas, it did play nice and I have got some photos ... just not here with me now to post with my blog. I'll do it tonight I promise, as I have heaps of backdated photos I need to post.

Off on the Bus on Saturday morning, we travelled along with Anderson tours out of London and along the way our bizarre tour guide (seems they all are weird over here) was telling us lots of stories, we travelled along where Hugh Grant is from, where Mary Poppins was filmed and where the end of the head of the river race is. Interesting stuff, but don't ask me to tell you exactly it all was as I don't remember.

Then to Stonehenge we arrived ... awesome! Was my first word, being an astrological site, built by aliens, that the druids made it, ancient burial site, sacrifical worship site and the crop circles that are associated with it, its pretty good. So, if you just walk around and think about it, that its been there fornow despite the rumours of it 5000 years+ well, its a pretty amazing sight. And I would definately recommend to go. Only spent an hour there, but when you realise that its just in the middle of a paddock somewhere and all there is, is the rocks and gift shop, its enough time. But a thing I didn't know about the area of stonehenge is that it has these mounds (3/4 metres high and wide) around the area that are actually peoples graves, where bones and after life offerings are burried with them. Some have gold others have pots and pans etc. Very egyptian ideas. But the truths of Stoneghenge keep changing, one day we will know or it will remain a mystery - still a good mystery to look at though.

Then off to Bath, and not for my first Bath - members. Where we were swiftly hurried off the bus and straight into the Bath ruins, which are nice and green. We were told not to touch the water as its got some baddies in it which would muck you up nicely if you played with it. Its an amazing sight, with alot of flok law tales and truths about it. Its funny tour guides over here, tend to know all the rubbish and truths and tell you the lot. Its great. We heard one story about a guy with Pigs and Leprecacy and how he watched thank you sarcastic familythe pigs sores magically disappear after rolling in the springs mud, so he to did it and was cured and then he flew back on his magic carpet (yes you heard right) and took on the crown as he was rightly entitled to.

Went off for a lovely lunch and then quickly through about 5 streets of Bath and it was time to be back on the Bus for the 3 hour trip home. Therefore I didn't get to go to the new Bath Springs sauna, so I will just have to go back.

It was well worth the trip, even though it was very long. A big highlight for the day, I was watching the cars drive by and Herbie the Love Bug drove past. It was awesome, the car was all painted up with racing stripes and no. 53. I love that movie.

Then, glutton for punishment I went out that night with Jackie and Trudy, my housemates to a ABC party. Anything But Clothes party. Where we all dressed up in our grabage bags and hopped on the tube to West Hampstead to go to our party. Now luckily its still cold at night so we swooshed along in our dresses with our coats on. Now we picked up some wine at Waterloo station and started drinking on the tube. And my bottle was gone by about 1 1/2hours into being at the party. It was a great night, met some lovely new friends, sprained my hamstring in a competition of flexibilty - another girl and myself won as we had both done Jazz ballett. Then the night went on, and I caught the 7am tube home and slept in until 2pm in the afternoon. What a full weekend. It was great.

2 comments:

deev said...

FANTASTIC vic!!!

see you friday!

Alex said...

I did not chastise you! I just said that you were a "little behind" in your posts.

Bite me! :)

Cheers,

B