Thursday, March 01, 2007

Waffle

Boy o Boy can I Waffle on, but please forgive my looooooooong diatribe about Irleand I absolutely loved it all and I am writing this for me as much as for my poor suffering friends and family who decide to read the blinking thing.

Well If I haven't told you, and a lot of people don't know. I decided 3 weeks ago to change to supply work. After my week in Ireland, I have been working supply. And its going ok, its very different to full time teaching, but the schools haven't been too bad and at least it is still work, and I get to walk out the gate when the day ends and thats it for me. One school in particular have liked me and asked me back 3 days in a row in my first week, so all is good.

Went to David Strassman Thursday night, it was good, but then when you sit back you think ... hey this is just one guy on stage talking to a bunch of puppets all by himself .... hmmm can you spell crazy???

Went to the pub tonight - the Road House, nice pub bummer about the smoke, had a few drinks with Alex, Karen, Louise, Courtney and met Bridgit (Courtney's flatmate). The Aussie culture is great over here, if your an Aussie you have a link, therefore you become friends - I love it.

Also its been two months over here, so these are the things I have learned.

1. Pushing on the train is just the done thing, and if you grumble you get dirty looks.

2. You have to keep to the right when walking around or on escalators at tube stations, but at the train station you keep left. YEAH Figure that one out and explain it to me please.

3. 35 pound gets you your weeks worth of shopping.

4. It is wise to always carry your brolly, even if its blue sky.

5. Sha up = Shut up, Innit = Isn't it and saying Ta instead of thanks gets you weird looks like you are insulting a person.

Therefore thats my little, but long again update. Tell you what I am up to again soon. V

No comments: